Maran Gas Maritime Inc ("MGM"), its Directors and Senior Management are fully committed to a ZERO TOLERANCE policy ensuring that the waters on which its ships operate are protected from pollution and continuously strive to identify and correct any conditions perceived to be unsafe and hazardous to the environment.
The objective of the Company is to prevent pollution of the environment from the following sources related to the aspects of its operations:
Oil, Noxious Liquid Substances, Sewage, Garbage, Dangerous Goods, Ballast Water, Cargo Vapour and Engine Emissions, Refrigerants, Halons and CFCs, Noise, Anti-Fouling Paints, Sludge, Bilge Water, Tank Cleaning Residue, Effluent Discharges.
To achieve these goals, the Company will:
- Comply with all applicable legislation and other requirements to which the Company subscribes, which relate to its environmental aspects and strive, where practicable, to exceed compliance requirements
- Assess on a continual basis the environmental risks associated with its operations, setting appropriate objectives and targets and implementing environmental programs to minimise the environmental impact of its operations by reducing waste, emissions and discharges, by minimising its impact on biodiversity and by using energy efficiently
- Promote environmental awareness through the training and education of its employees
- Respond quickly and effectively to pollution incidents resulting from its operations, in co-operation with industry organisations and authorised government agencies
- Engage with shipping industry organisations and relevant authorities and participate and support research initiatives with the aim of developing measures to minimise the shipping industry's impact on the environment
- Communicate its Environmental Policy to the public