The Company places the health of its employees among its top priorities and seeks to ensure that all shore staff and seagoing personnel execute their work under healthy and hygienic conditions.
In order to ensure high standards of health and personal hygiene it is the Company's Policy to:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, and apply responsible standards where laws and regulations do not exist
- Identify, evaluate and minimise health and hygiene risks related to its operations that potentially affect its employees, contractors or the public
- Communicate knowledge about health and hygiene risks to its employees and where appropriate to maritime community
- Determine at the time of employment, and from time to time thereafter, the medical fitness of employees to do their work without undue risk to themselves or others
- Provide or arrange for medical services necessary for the treatment of employee occupational illnesses or injuries and for the handling of medical emergencies
- Undertake appropriate reviews and evaluations of its operations to measure progress and to foster compliance with this Policy
- Implement programs and appropriate protective measures to control health risks
- Work with government agencies and others to develop responsible laws, regulations and standards, based on sound science and consideration of risk
- Provide voluntary health and hygiene promotion programs designed to enhance employee wellbeing and personal safety. These programs should supplement, but not interfere with, the responsibility of employees for their own health care. Information about employees obtained through the implementation of these programs should be considered confidential and should not be revealed to non-medical personnel except at the request of the employee concerned, when required by law, when dictated by overriding public health considerations, or when necessary to implement the Company's Drug and Alcohol Policy.